Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Richmond smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in full control of your Richmond home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Richmond help you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View current or saved video from any linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Richmond by setting schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm your home’s security by following the above steps. You will then confirm you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Richmond
Although multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Richmond home security system. Call (804) 534-2782 to get started.